Shri Vishnu Dev SaiHon'ble Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
Shri Brij Mohan AgarwalMinister for Tourism, Government of Chhattisgarh
Shri Anbalagan.P (IAS)Secretary (Tourism/Culture), Govt of CG and Chairman,CTB
Shri Jitendra Kumar Shukla (IAS)Managing Director,CTB
Recognising the importance of Tourism as an instrument for socio- economic development, Chhattisgarh Tourism Board was established on 18th January 2002 and registered under the firms and societies act on 08/04/2003. It consists of Board of Governors who are nominated by the State Government of Chhattisgarh and also from the travel trade or hospitality industry of the State. As nodal agency the Chhattisgarh Tourism Board is responsible for infrastructural and institutional development, investment in facilities & hotels, wayside amenities and above all aggressive marketing & promotion for the comprehensive development of the identified destinations.
CTB is also focussing on manpower training and employment generation to create a manpower pool for travel trade and hospitality industry of this state.
The Board intends to promote tourism in a sustainable manner. CTB is also trying to incorporate carrying capacity analysis to the resource utilization. The state is covered with nearly 45% of the forests and 32% of tribal population, therefore, it offers immense opportunities for Eco-Ethno, Adventure and Cultural tourism.
CTB has some amazing properties set in the picturesque locations which run on alternate energy source being solar energy. CTB boasts of 36 properties, out of which 28 hotels, motels and wayside amenities are operated on management contract and 8 motels are run by CTB itself.
Chhattisgarh has positioned itself as the destination full of surprises with some of the amazing destinations which could certainly lead to the growth of tourism in the future. It has created a niche for itself on the tourist map of India.
• Chairman – Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, Raipur (Nominated by State Government)
• Vice Chairman- Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, Raipur (Nominated by State Government)
• Incharge Secretary (Tourism) to Government of Chhattisgarh – Member
• Incharge Secretary (Finance) to Government of Chhattisgarh – Member or his representative
• Incharge Secretary (Culture) to Government of Chhattisgarh – Member
• Incharge Secretary (Finance) to Government of Chhattisgarh – Member or his representative.
• Member of Parliament nominated by the State Government of Chhattisgarh
• Member of Legislative Assembly of Chhattisgarh State nominated by the State Government of Chhattisgarh
• Incharge Secretary (Forest) to Government of Chhattisgarh – Member or his representative.
• Incharge Secretary (Transport) to Government of Chhattisgarh – Member or his representative.
• General Manager, Indian Railway, SECR, Bilaspur Division- Member or his representative
• Managing Director, Indian Airlines Corporation Limited, New Delhi or his representative – Member
• Member of Travel Trade or Hospitality Industry from Chhattisgarh State ( Non Governmental Member Nominated by State Government) - Member
• Managing Director, Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, Raipur – Member Secretary